Thursday, January 21, 2010

Why is bitting your nails a habbit?? on kids ... and adults... How to make it stop!!?

I have literally tried almost every thing .. from putting lemon and garlic to puting gloves on and tape ..what can I do to stop ! ...


also why would you bite your nails? if you do ..


i do it when I am scared or nervous.... what is the reason we bite them??Why is bitting your nails a habbit?? on kids ... and adults... How to make it stop!!?
when i used to bite my nails, i just put nail polish on. It helped me to stop bitting them because it is gross to eat nail polish and it feels really weird. If u don't want to always were colored nail polish on your nails, u could also put on clear nail polish.


Hope this helps :)Why is bitting your nails a habbit?? on kids ... and adults... How to make it stop!!?
becuase first you do it when your bored, then it becomes a habit becuase that is your out-let of nervous energy. also, its hard to stp because your so used to it. well...try painting them, or getting acrylic nails. if your willing to go to the extremes of taping, then just re-tape them, or find sometihng else to chew on. also ,try to destact yourself more, because i had the same habit, and its hard to kick. i usually did it when im bored tohugh...
I don't suggest moving out of your house BUT a few months after I moved out of my parents home (22 y/o) I just stopped. Nail biting is a unconscious habit and hard to break. I also had a Friend who once she had her braces put on she HAD to quit and to this day stopped. You might decide to take a walk the moment that you find yourself biting. Maybe wear gloves try keeping some had lotion on them BC if you're massaging some thing on the it's Will keep your mind busy and it's also a good this to stimulate blood flow and strengthen the nail bed for future growth when you stop and want strong nails
I used to bite my nails too... but i just stopped and i dont know why but i did use this stuff its like nail polish that taste really nasty and when you bite your nails you get it on your tongue and try not to bite them again... um... the nail polish is called stop the bite! it has a red color paper on it!!!! i still bite them now but not as much... like you said i still bite them when i am nervous.Hope i could help!!!
Its called an oral fixation. Freud hit the nail on the hammer when labeling the problem. Even if you clip your nails or whatever you are looking for a hand to mouth action from food to much worse habits like cigarettes. there is no cure for this problem it developed when you were a child i have read however that oral jewelry helps meet that satisfaction. I personally havent tried it though... Good luck!!!
oh my god i had that problem 2 months ago, and now i let them grow and every one want them now, but what i did was since i had tried everything too.. i decided to paint my nails and everytime i wanted to bite them i would start taking of the nailpolish instead, but now thats a new bad habit i have but its better then bitting me nails. So try that!!





I hope i helped :)
I have been doing it since I was 6 months old. I do find it is a nervous habit. Most of the time I don't even realize I'm doing it. So of course, now my kids do it too. Some people twiddle with their hair, some people tap their feet, some people pace, we bite our fingers. I do the foot tapping and pacing too though....lol! It's stress and anxiety. Do you clench your jaw? How do you sleep at night? I would suggest meditation and stress relief techniques to try first. Probably the cheapest way to try to stop. I wish you the best of luck!
Well I stopped biting my nails when I got a part time job working at a City Jail. I worked 12 hr. shifts and DID NOT want to put my hands in my mouth at all even after washing them and hand sanitizers. So get a job in a dirty environment, you won't want your hands in your mouth. I have chewed my nails for over a year now and have no desire.
I dont know what is the reason, but...oki dont laugh... get a tin container or just some kind of container - everytime you bit your nails, put 25 cents in it. Sounds stupid but really works! eventually you'll notice a slight lack of money even though it's a really small amount.... (you choose the amount really)...
I had that habbit too. I did it because when I was little, I saw my sister and dad do it all the time.





Im getting better at not biting. Just try not to think about it.
everyone has habits, you can just STOP. don't think about it and try NOT biting your nails. it's easy. it's not like a smoking habit.
i do it when i am bored. I prevent this by keeping my hands constantly occupied. Sometimes i just play with a stress ball or somthing to prevent it.
they have some kind of nail polish you can put on your nails that tastes really super bad. its like really spicey or something gross.
just clip your nails really short but not too short. put that polish stuff for getting rid of nail habits on your nails. some reason it makes people feel less exposed when their hand is some where on their face.
put horse dong on your fingers, that my help from putting them in mouth

No comments:

Post a Comment