Monday, May 10, 2010

Is it normal for cats to bite their nails?

I have three cats and one of them bites his nails! The other cats don't.... so i'm wondering if somethings the matter with him.... or if hes just weird. Is it also that he copys me? Because i bite my nails and he copys just about everything else I do. He follows me every where, when i sit down, he sits down right next to me, when i get up, he gets up and follows me, even when i eat, he goes to his food dish and eats.


?????????Is it normal for cats to bite their nails?
No u need to go cut them or clip them and if he still does it hes a mental patientIs it normal for cats to bite their nails?
It is normal coz he loves you he/she wants to be the best cat
You'll need to take your cat to a good groomer and ask that person to take a good hard look at your cat's nails. While I've seen cats who are 'nervous nail biters' there are also cats that have a nail that becomes embedded in the paw, which can be quite painful to the cat. Go to a good groomer, though, not to a vet ... groomers are less expensive and they have as much or more experience in getting the embedded nails out of the paw so the cat won't be biting it's nails quite as much ... but I doubt there is anything 'wrong' with your cat ... if he copies what you do and you bite your nails, he just 'thinks he's human' and is doing what you do. I should know ... I have a kitten who will NOT drink water from a 'cat bowl' but who insists on having her own glass, because that is what my husband and I drink from! She also has 'cat sized dishes' for her food, because she has to 'eat with us' at supper time (at least she eats on the floor, but she's not allowed on any table in our house).
hes obviously a very loyal cat, my cat does the same, he's just cleaning himself
He's just grooming himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment