Friday, May 14, 2010

What does it mean when your nails are whitish - purple?

i am 18 and my nails have been this way all my life. i just want to know if it is someting i should be worrying about now....What does it mean when your nails are whitish - purple?
Have you ever asked a dr if this has been like this all your life. My Grandmother had a lung problem and purplish nails was an indicator that she needed some quality oxygen time.


Have you ever had your iron levels checked maybe you could be anemic.What does it mean when your nails are whitish - purple?
If they have always been like that and you feel well with no other problem, you probably have methemoglobinemia. In this condition, the structure of the hemoglobin is abnormal. Get yourself checked out for that. See a hematologist.
circulation problem maybe?
It's absolutely nothing to worry about if they have always been like this. Unless there is pain, any green, or numbness.
You might have Reynauds. It's a condition that causes your hands /nails to change colour because of poor circulation. Look it up on the internet and see if you think that's what you have. If so, you should try and wear gloves when it's cold because it's not good for your hands that the blood flow to them is restricted.
may be its a kind of disease so please see a Doctor .
Yeah - circulation. Your nails get that way when you aren't getting enough oxygen. I know mine get that way on bad days. I have asthma, so on day that it is really bothering me, my nails are like that...my husband always says it is a sign I might need to go to the ER.
  • makeup application
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment