Friday, May 14, 2010

Is it safe to paint a cat's nails?

No it can actually kill them. Nail polish has chemicals in it than can kill cats and dogs if consumed by them.Is it safe to paint a cat's nails?
I painted my dogs one time


but im not sureIs it safe to paint a cat's nails?
Probably not for the cat. DEFINITELY not for you.
Yes/No....it depends.


Hey, my kitty has neon pink nails!!


they are these easy glue-on ';fake'; nails that are supposed to prevent them from scratching.


they are available online, and are very cheap, and last for about 6 months.


They are so adorable 2....


nail polish is probably a bad idea cuz u have 2 wait for it do dry %26amp; stuff.....
Highly unlikely to be safe for the person doing the painting, I suspect.





You might want to try these things:





http://www.softpaws.com/





which come in a variety of colours, though if there's no problem with scratching, it's hard to see the point of bothering your cat like that.
no it is probebly not safe cause cats bite and chew on there nails
no and no
no way dont do that


Cats bite their nails and they could swallow it.
Yes. That is how my sister distinguishes who bought what pup or kitten when she has litters to get rid of. Different nail polish per puppy/kitten. Never hurt them. If the cat has an issue and chews it off, don't do it again. Repeat ingestion of the polish can become harmful and don't use nail polish remover to take it off.
yes. I think it is safe to do that. But it might be hard. good luck
I don't think so, for a couple of reasons.


Your cat probably won't be still long enough for you to paint its nails.


A struggling cat could injure you just trying to escape.


Because cats frequently groom themselves, bits of paint could be swallowed.
Sometimes your cat will bite and chew on their nails. I dont think nail polish in a kitty digestive system is a good thing.
There's special nail polish out there for pets. I'm sure you can find some online, also check some local pet stores. The stuff I saw was for dogs, they were selling it at my saloon. he he.

No comments:

Post a Comment