Friday, May 14, 2010

My mom clipped my dog's nails today n it yelped a couple of times, she didnt cut it close to the viens..?

.... can anyone tell me a possible reason why he yelped? My mom clipped my dog's nails today n it yelped a couple of times, she didnt cut it close to the viens..?
Hi, there. I am a professional dog groomer/stylist. Some dogs don't like their feet being touched, and when they feel a slight pressure they will yelp, trust me, I've seeen plenty.





She might not have quicked your dog, but gotten so close, that it put a mass pressure on it - and still could have hurt him.





You need to take the dog to a proffesional groomer, as they know how to properly do this. It doesn't cost much, don't worry. Some groomers do it for free. I see no need to charge for nail trims, since that dogs are very uncomfortable with long nails, or some may even grow into the pads. If it's free - mom/dad will come back more often. Whatever is best for the dog, you know?My mom clipped my dog's nails today n it yelped a couple of times, she didnt cut it close to the viens..?
If you cut too far into the nail, then you can cut into the nerve *ow!!*





If you've ever had a hangnail, you know what I mean. Lucy is right, it's best to go to a professional groomer... better yet we take my Shepherd to the animal clinic. It's the best thing for your dog.

Report Abuse



Some dogs don't like their feet handled and/or don't like the feel of the clipper pinching their nail or the sound it makes. I've seen many, many dogs throw a fit over having their nails cut, even when they aren't cut close enough to bleed.





Added: I've also seen dogs yelp before you even cut their toenail. Some just are touchy about their paws.
Yes, because your mother hurt the dog. She needs to learn how to clip nails properly or take the dog to a groomer. There is no excuse for hurting a dog with simple nail clipping.
It will yelp. But unless u see blood right away the dog is ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment